Summary: Order, assemble, repair, deliver and fit custom rehab wheelchairs and equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recognize and respect patient rights during the provision of care or services and conducting business relationships with patient and the public in an ethical manner.
- Perform assessments/reassessments of each patient’s care or service needs throughout the patient’s contact with the organization including physical assessments, psychosocial assessments, functional assessments and activity assessments.
- Educate patients with relation to their rehab equipment to facilitate safe and effective equipment use and desired care, treatment and service outcomes.
- Provide patient service in a continuous and coordinated manner, in settings appropriate to meet patient needs.
- Promote safe, effective patient and organizational environments and equipment use.
- Participate in on-going education, including in-services, training, and other activities, to maintain and improve individual competence.
- Obtain, utilize, and update patient information in a confidential and secure manner for utilization in patient care and billing applications.
- Recognize and implement infection control practices that reduce the risk of infections in patients and organizational staff.
- Drive safely and follow all traffic rules and regulations.
- Listen to and resolve service complaints appropriate to scope of practice.
- Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Clean inside of truck and equipment and keep clean and dirty supplies segregated.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle.
- May have to communicate with and setup equipment for company’s customers that may be of all ages.