Director of Reimbursement Services
Applicant chosen must be fully vaccinated or provide a religious or medical exemption and agree to weekly testing.
Summary: Direct and oversee the Reimbursement Services Department overseeing teh billing and collections process throughout the company for all lines of business.
This candidate must have analytical and report abilities and be adept at identifying new ways to improve process and performance. Looking for strong leadership, analytical abilities and a true interest in leading people.
- Oversee the billing and collections process throughout the company for all lines of business.
- Review and interpret collections information and reports. ·
- Ensure compliance with regulations and billing and collections policies in order to facilitate attainment of accounts receivable (AR) targets.
- Champion revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization including working with appropriate individuals including medical records, billing, denial, management, etc., to aid in the resolution of identified revenue cycle issues.
- Perform ongoing trend analysis on third party payer payment levels to ensure that reimbursement is in accordance with allowable amounts stated in agreements and contracts.
- Prepare financial analysis for use in the third party and managed care negotiation payer process.
- Actively monitor and participate in the review and negotiation of third party payer contracts.
- Establish and monitor standards for controlling the registration flow as well as the integrity and quality of data throughout the revenue cycle.
- Monitor and make decisions regarding the value and collectability of accounts receivable.
- Prepare monthly analysis and reports pertaining to AR. ·
- Implement and monitor collection procedures, minimizing contractual and bad debt write offs, and maximizing cash collections. ·
- Provide financial support and analysis to physician practices through communication and education.
- Bachelors degree preferred and minimum of 5 years direct management and medical reimbursement experience or billing Operations.
- Detail oriented; organized; sets priorities; meets deadlines.
- Advanced skills in computer programs, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Brightree software skills a plus.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations;
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations related to patient billing and collection.
- Knowledge of all regulatory reimbursement and insurance related requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS, ICD9 and ICD10. ·
- Proven motivational ability with a positive leadership style.